The Day Of Your Session, How I Prep | Misty Jones Photography


The Day Of Your Session

So much to do! Basically imagine me running around like a chicken with my head cut off! LOL! 

-We keep our house on the warmer side, this works for newborns but not really for much else. If I am shooting anything other then a newborn session, then I run downstairs to turn down the AC at least 1-2 hours prior to the session. 

-Then I get myself ready to go to work. My typical work outfit is a pair of jeans and one of the t-shirts that I have made with my Cricut

-For newborn sessions, I head to the studio and turn on the heater and the heating pad. The warmer the better! 

-I pull out the client intake form and go over to make sure I am clear on names, what you are hoping for from your session, etc... 

-At this point I may be responding to texts from you. It's always harder getting ready with babies! No worries, I totally understand. 

-Fill both my water bottles to the tippy top. I get really thirsty and it's HOT in the studio! Haha! If it is a milestone session I will get the cake set up on the cake stand and blow up balloons if needed. 

-Once you are here we get to work, yep sometimes mom and dad gotta work too! Mostly I just let you relax but every now and then I will ask for some assistance. 

In the next post we will talk about what happens after the session....





Comments