How I Prep 24-48 Hours Before Your Session | Misty Jones Photography


The studio has changed a LOT since this photo was taken but here is a little peak at the studio. 

How I Prepare In The Days Leading Up To Your Session

-I love to gift something for my little babies so if I don't already have something made up then I will warm up the Cricut and make a little gift for my wee ones. Once it is made then I like to package it up in tissue paper. 

-I send out an email or a text to confirm your appointment and see if you have any last minute questions. 

-If it is a Milestone session, then I pick up the cake.

- I make sure that the fridge is stocked with drinks and chocolate and that I have some other snacks, coffee and tea on hand. Newborn sessions can take up to 4 hours so I want to make sure you have something to snack on, if needed! :) 

-Make sure batteries are charged and memory cards have been formatted and ready for use.

-I prep the studio. For a headshot session this just requires getting my backdrop and lights set up but for a newborn or milestone session, this can take a couple hours. For newborns I start by figuring out which colors I am going to use and then I pull headbands, hats, outfits, wraps, props, etc. to match. Then I layer my backdrop blankets on my bean bag making sure to get them nice and flat/tight so that they don't have wrinkles. I start getting props ready by adding necessary fillers, blankets, accessories to them. I set up the lights and backdrops. Then I wipe down the studio to make sure everything is nice and clean for our little ones. 

In the next post I will talk about how I prep the day of your session. :) 




Comments