Riverview Studio Portrait Photographer | Misty Jones Photography

Today I want to talk to you about my personal growth. I started my photography journey at the end of 2007. I spent my first couple years soaking up every single bit of knowledge I could find. I spent hours everyday behind the camera and then another several hours behind my computer screen. I attended workshops, I did google searches, I read books.... Photography is not just my career but it is my passion and there is nothing that will stand in my way once I put my mind to something! Within a year my business was up and running. After a couple years of not really making much money I decided to take a bit of a break from photography. I spent too much time comparing myself to the "shoot and burn" photographers that were all around me. I found myself frustrated and questioning how I could make money in this business. And then fate happened... my computer hard drive crashed and I lost years of portraits. All down the drain along with all of my business stuff that I had built over the years (logo, pricing sheets, holiday templates, album designs, photoshop brushes/actions, etc...). This might be a good time to really throw in the towel butttt that is not me. Oh no, the Capricorn in me dove right back in. At this time I decided to rebrand my business, update my logo and my style. I decided that I am going to stop comparing myself to other photographers and businesses. There is one thing I can provide to my clients that nobody else can, and that is ME. My goal is to really focus on the client experience as well as producing the best possible photographs. From the minute you step into my in-home studio you are greeted with a smile, water, sodas, and snacks. I do my very best to make you feel comfortable and really enjoy being in front of the camera. And for the first time in years I have once again become profitable. You see, when you stop comparing yourself to others, you can use that time to work on the things that really matter in your business. This is CUSTOM photography. I am not Walmart, JCPenny's or Sears. I cannot produce a CD of images for $100 and ALSO give you the time and dedication that you deserve for your portrait session. So what are you waiting for?? Call me so we can make some memories together!

Comments