Riverviews Best Newborn & Maternity Photographer | Misty Jones Photography

Today I would like to talk a little bit about how I ended up specializing in maternity and newborn portraits. Maternity was a natural fit because I love photographing adults, I mean you listen and take direction well and I don't even have to break a sweat to get you to cooperate! LOL! I also love making women feel beautiful, which is not always easy when you are carrying around another person and your ankles are the size of watermelons. When I was pregnant I couldn't even wear my own shoes and my face looked like a war zone with all the acne. So I love taking the opportunity to make you feel beautiful even if its just for the day or for an hour. And I want you to always look back at your maternity photos and feel gorgeous. I take extra care to make sure that you are posed and lit just right. Nothing makes me happier then when you see your photos and absolutely love them! :) I believe that newborn photography is an extension of maternity portraits. Again you are not always feeling your best but your little one is only this small for such a short period and I want to give you photos of this special time that you will cherish forever! I definitely do not want you to look at the photo and think 'ew gross, I look fat'. So again, I take special care to make sure you look your absolute best! I also love photographing newborns because it gives me a chance to connect with you. During a normal session we only get about 40 min and most of that time I am directing poses but with a newborn session I am quietly posing the baby so it gives me a lot of opportunity to talk and connect. It doesn't hurt that babies are super cute and so fun to snuggle! I will not lie, newborns are by far the hardest to photograph and it requires a LOT of patience but I don't mind. The time flies by and I enjoy every second of it. I love hearing their squeaky littles noises that they make when I move them around. I love the smell of newborns. I love the way they grab your fingers and hold on for dear life. And I love that I am able to give you something that you will be able to share with your family for generations!

Click here for some tips on taking newborn photos with your smart phone.

Comments