Riverview Portrait Photographer | Misty Jones Photography

Why should you hire me?

Because I am the best, of course! ;) No but seriously, I have over 10 years experience in photography posing and lighting. My goal is to make you look and feel your absolute best! I hand edit every image from your session to remove blemishes, soften wrinkles, adjust color balance and so much more. I am constantly working to improve my skills and to stay up to date on the latest trends. Not only do I have the experience but I also go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and to enjoy your portrait session.



What to expect during your portrait session?

I love creating a memorable experience for my clients! I know getting portraits done can feel stressful and most people do not think of it as a fun time. I have spent years training on lighting, posing, etc... All you need to do is show up and look pretty! I will do the rest! Before your session I will send you a prep guide that will help you with clothing, hair and make up. I also have a beautician that I work with that would be more then happy to meet us at or before your session to give you that extra glam look.



Where do photo sessions take place?

This depends on the type of portraits you are interested in. Most headshots and newborn sessions take place in my in-home studio. Everything else can be either on location or in the studio. I do recommend that little babies do studio sessions so that we can use props to help them sit up, etc... I recommend toddlers be photographed on location simply because they have a lot of energy and like to run around. I love to let them run around and capture those natural smiles! I have a list of locations available and can make recommendations for you based on what type of look you are hoping to achieve.



What if my child is uncooperative?

Uncooperative? Not my child! Haha! Now if you have a little one then I don't have to tell you that they can be unpredictable and they can also be hot or cold from one minute to the next!! I get it, I am a mother of three and I have two grandchildren. I have also been photographing little ones for over a decade. My goal is for your little one to be my best pal by the end of the session. I have learned that it is best to just let them do their thing and allow me to capture them having fun and being themselves. Sessions should be fun and not stressful! I want to create an experience for your entire family that will change the way you feel about having portraits done. However, if your little one is sick I recommend that you reschedule your session asap. If they are not feeling well, that will show in your photographs. I also recommend that when possible it is best to schedule your session after they have had their lunch/naps. I also recommend that you bring along water and snacks for them to eat in between shooting. And last but not least, please do not threaten to punish your child during the session. We want your little one to feel our positive energy and look forward to the next portrait session!




What is your pricing?

My session fees vary depending on the type of session you are interested in. Family sessions start at $275 with a $125 print credit that can be used on prints or digital files. You can purchase the digital files and the digital collections start at $550. When you purchase the full digital collection you will receive a complimentary 5x7 custom image box along with a 5x7 print of every image from your session. These are great for the coffee table, dresser, etc... I also offer gorgeous canvas prints, albums, cards w/envelopes, and more.




How do I place my order?

You will receive a link to an online gallery where you will be able to view your images, save your favorites, share the link with friends and place your order. For all orders over $750 you will also receive a complimentary personalized "app" for 1 year, you will be able to see your images, post them on social media, share the app link with friends and more!



What is your turnaround time?

I do my best to have your images to you within 2 weeks of your session but in some cases it may take up to 4 weeks. Your prints usually arrive within 2-4 weeks from the time the order is placed/paid.




How do I book a session?

You can either email me at mistyjonesphotography@hotmail.com or visit my contact page and submit the online form.



I look forward to hearing from you!

Comments